After a disastrous fire in 1916, Henry Burden remodeled the hotel using the finely carved woodwork and molding that are still visible today. The Lincklaen House operated as a Treadway Inn during the 1940's and early 1950's, until it was purchased by Edward and Helen Tobin in 1956.
The Tobins added modern amenities while taking special care to maintain the landmark's historical integrity, thus restoring its original elegance. The Tobin family ran the Lincklaen House until June 1997 when it was purchased by Dan Kuper and Charles Morgan.
Today the Lincklaen House is undergoing rapid revitalizations of its dining and lodging facilities. The establishment offers elegant dining in its main floor dining rooms under the direction of Dan Kuper, the executive chef. It also offers a lighter fare in the pub atmosphere of the famed Seven Stone Steps and the downstairs Hearth Room. In addition, our 23 luxurious guest rooms have been recently renovated and they provide a warm, elegant atmosphere for our guests to enjoy.
The Lincklaen House also offers elegant rooms for meetings and receptions. Come visit us in beautiful downtown Cazenovia, the heart of Central New York.
The Lincklaen House, a landmark since 1835.
We are a pet-friendly hotel.